Wow Mark 6 and it’s only been just about four weeks since I build Mark 1!, This time metal cabinet was sourced in order to house all this equipment in a nice way that would do the job whilst keeping all the equipment safe.
But I noticed the Wouxun that I’d used for Mark 2 was looking lonely on my desk…. It’s a Dual Band 2m and 4m. Why not build it back in, After all I already have a CM108 modified for it, the appropriate cables made and I’d modified it to give the COS output.
Back to the ETCC I go….
Having applied for multiple NoV's at this point I'm actually starting to get quite quick doing applications on the ukrepeaters site.
So NoV Application for 4m Gateway – Obviously it’s Attended Ops only but I can work with that.
So the biggest build to date got started and took about 5 full days to build it all into it’s new home, Antennas installed into my Roof space. A total of 4 Raspberry Pi’s installed, One for each radio port and one as a Master Controller.
The Emergency Shutdown & Remote Kill system also got upgraded this time using an Arduino Mega & Arduino Yun Shield and a nice Nextion Display panel to give me a nice front panel Status Display for all the equipment inside the cabinet.
So there we have it, the quick story of my gateway (So Far).
Now online and Active on;
- 145.2875MHz - CTCSS 103.5
- 50.5400MHz – CTCSS 103.5
- 70.3875MHz – CTCSS 103.5
- Echolink Node Number 459689
- AllStar Node number 552480
A Big thank you must be given to the following, without their assistance, support and guidance this Gateway would not exist.
- Steve at RSGB ETCC for helping me through all the NoV applications.
- Oscar 2E1HWE & Bruce M0UKB for reaching out and getting me to join FreeSTAR
- Shane M0VUB For answering my questions about DMR and System X
- William GM0WUP (aka Dad) for the Alinco Radios & the not insignificant financial backing to get this running.
- My Wife (Helen) who if it wasn’t for her support and encouragement getting me to develop my skills and ideas. I wouldn’t do a fraction of the things I do.